Special arrangements can be made for students to attend classes less than full time due to extenuating circumstances, also referred to as exemptions and waivers. Under most circumstances, and unless otherwise approved by the school's president/owner or academic director, part-time students must attend classes at least 16 hours per week and can be excused from classes for no more than a 5-day period.
Extenuating circumstances can apply to:
• Students during their probationary period.
• Students filing an appeal with the school. (See .)
• Students who may need to miss classes for more than the school's standard 5-day limit for most extenuating circumstances.
Extenuating circumstances can include, but are not limited to:
• Hospitalization of student due to serious injury or illness.
• Doctor's orders to remain for a specified number of days beyond the school's standard 5-day limit for most extenuating circumstances. Student must present a doctor's excuse that outlines the medical circumstances affecting student's attendance.
• Circumstances beyond the student's control. This must be approved by the school president/owner or academic director.
• Child care needs.
• Employment schedules.
• Religious considerations.
• Other circumstances and considerations as approved by the school.
© Copyright 2007-2010 Vancouver School of Beauty
114 W. Sixth Street, Vancouver, WA 98660 (360) 694-5601 Fax: (360) 258-2000 Email: